Thursday, July 13, 2006

Good news and a few RANTS!

No, we're NOT pregnant. But almost 3 years after leaving, Beth has accepted the job as our church secretary and will give her 2 weeks notice at the state tomorrow. It's an exciting time for her and I am very proud of her and this decision to return to ministry. Her title may be secretary, but she's the front line minister, the one that people first talk to when calling in need of help. Her talents will be better utilized and she will be among Christian people who care about her very much.

Future rant (i.e not enough time to rant now, but this will keep you wanting more...): "Why I think the Texas Right to Life Organization" should NOT be allowed to exist.
You heard me. This Uber-conservative just said a not-so-conservative thing.

Current Rant. Up unitl 10 months ago, my mornings began with listening to Roula and Ryan on a local radio station. Then one day, poof, they're gone. And they were replaced by a COMPLETE dork and an IDIOT sidekick. I was mad, sad, and felt compelled to find a new radio station. I did that and Maria Todd and Atom Smasher became my NEW morning. I was just getting settled into their routine when, yup, POOF, Friday they were pulled from the air. No good-byes allowed. Just gone. Well my sadness turned to bitter-sweet joy when it was announced today that Roula and Ryan (and producer Eric) would be returning to radio. To the station that Atom and Maria were just fired from! It's ironic, and it SUCKS...that in order to get my morning show back, Atom and Maria suffered the same fate that took them away in the first place. Thank you Atom and Maria. I'm sorry that the radio business sucks. But then, I suspect you already knew that.

Final quick rant: Why did you go into Medicine if all you want to do is REFUSE to take care of patients? Huh? Quit argueing (or is it arguing?...to lazy to spell check) with me and trying to convince me...just come to the ER and admit the patient. It's your job. You agreed to do it. You chose a PRIMARY CARE RESIDENCY. If you don't want direct patient contact, be a radiology or a pathologist (I know these people see patients...sometimes...so don't leave me nasty comments, I've been yelled at enough today)

No comments: