Sunday, July 24, 2005

Lost

No, not the TV show (which I've never seen). My wedding ring. It disappeared Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I have no idea. Beth and I went to dinner with my Aunt and Unlce and my mother's 2nd cousin (apparently he and I are not related at all, no 3rd cousins, no 2nd cousins twice removed). He is related to my mother and my mother is related to him and his father, but he and I are not legally related. That was an interesting conversation. I had no idea. But I digress. I remember having my ring at dinner. When we came home that night I put everything (at least I think I did), my keys, wallet, watch, my Alpha/Omega ring from Beth for graduation and my wedding on the "bar" ledge from the living room into the kitchen. I leave for the hospital early in the morning and often get dressed in the dark. So, I left everything in the living room. I got up Thursday morning and went to work. I don't remember NOT putting my ring on. As I was speaking to a patient's family member, I went to play with my wedding ring. It wasn't there. I have gotten into the habit was playing with it more lately. It's loose and comes off easily. At that point I thought I had simply forgotten to put it on that morning when I was getting ready. I knew it would be there waiting for me.

It wasn't.

It's been 3 days and no sign of my ring. Fortunately, Beth has NOT flipped out. I have. It makes me very sad. I know it's only material...but still, I wasn't planning on throwing it away or trading it in any time soon. One thing is for sure though, I will have to get a new ring soon. I can't stand the feel of there being nothing on my left ring finger. I hope that as soon as I do get a new ring, the old one will show up.

If you happen to find it, let me know.

3 comments:

Becky said...

jeremy, jeremy. your mom's 2nd cousin is your "2nd cousin, once removed". the number of times a cousin is "removed" indicates differences in generations. your mom and her 2nd cousin share one set of great-grandparents, but to you, they are your great-great-grandparents. you are still related to this guy, though, and technically, if he were a girl, you could even marry her in Texas, along with any first cousins! you just can't marry your kids, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, grandchildren or siblings. cousins are fair game. kind of gross, but legal, nonetheless.

Becky said...

oh, and i hope that you find the ring. do you think a puppy could have gotten it?

Anonymous said...

Oy, Jeremy. I didn't take it, I promise... :) Be sure you look in the doggie-doo... My cat ate an earring once and I found it a few days later. I know that's gross, but oh well, you've seen worse I'm sure.

Hope you find it!