Thursday, August 25, 2005

Thank you notes

This may well be the area of my life that I STINK at the MOST!!! I've NEVER been good at writing them. It's not that I'm not thankful. It's not that my mother didn't teach me better. I am. She did. I'm eternally grateful for the kindness and thoughtfulness that has been shown to me in the past. I just can't (or won't, or DON'T) sit still long enough to write a simple thank you, put a stamp on an envelop, address it, and put it in the mail.

When I sent out graduation announcements I PROMISED myself that I wasn't going to revert to my old habits. That if people were going to take the time to congratulate me, that it was only RIGHT AND PROPER, that I take time to THANK them.

The first 10 gifts I received...thank you notes went out within a week! Then we moved, then I graduated, then I started residency.

You know where this story is headed.

LAST NIGHT...I finished the thank you notes for gifts received for graduation! Mind you, some of these notes have been DONE in their envelops since JUNE!!!!! I just never stuck them in the mail. Do you know how hard it is to find stamps these days??

I'm quite sure that I've forgotten SOMEONE and more than likely I've sent someone a thank you note TWICE for the SAME gift. But at least they're done and not sitting there staring at me. I am going to hand deliver the thank you notes from our friends at church who not only came to graduation, but came over our house that night and helped us celebrate. Billye brought GREAT ice cream, Lorinna made an AWESOME cake, Jenny brought cherries, Gerry and Mary brought pigs-in-a-blanket, Jo brought daisies to plant in the flower bed, and I know there are a few others that I'm forgetting.

I was so blessed to receive cards from friends and family. Some of whom I've known my whole life. Friends of my parents, parents of my friends, and friends I've made along life's journey. I am truly thankful they took the time to write. Thank you. Your continued friendship, love, and support mean the world to me.

Anyway, that task is done and next week I am going to start addressing our Christmas cards. Maybe you'll get your's by Valentine's Day!

Ha!

No comments: