Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sports Central!

It's official. I'm forever an Astros fan. They are currently 3 outs away from their first World Series. I went to bed sad Monday night after one of the greatest home runs ever hit. My hat's off to Albert Pujols. I may have been even more sad that my WIFE got to go to the game while I watched it on TV. That's for another blog. Even if something goes terribly wrong in the bottom of THIS 9th inning (Game 6), I will still forever be an Astros fan.

The last few years have been tough. I married a Cardinals fan. Her aunt, Becky, whom you could find on the Cardinals' website in a red wig recently, has weekend season tickets. She's been a Cardinals fan longer than I've been alive. Needless to say, my Christmas present last year was a little tough to swallow. It was an Cardinals National League Champions t-shirt.

If the shoe ends up on the other foot this year...I hope she's as good a sport, because that's what she's getting for Christmas. Love you, Aunt Becky.

I am going to sign off now and watch the last 3 outs of Game 6. I have more to say about the Texas Tech, u.t. game this weekend, but I will save it for later.

GO ASTOS!!!!!

No comments: