Monday, July 16, 2007

Trying to do better

So I make no promises as to the consistency with which I hope to blog. However, I am going to try to do better.

I am now 16 days into my 3rd year of residency. Which reminds me, I need to update my profile. People ask me how it feels to be a third year and I tell them it's a little scary because now people actually expect me to know something. Huh, the nerve! But then I run across an Intern (whose been a "practicing" physician" for 3 weeks now) or Heaven-forbid a 3rd yr medical student, and I realize that I really DO know something. Because let's face it...they know very little. You might think that July would be a dangerous time to visit a teaching hospital. Actually, I think the opposite is true. In July, EVERYONE is more careful, and the upper level residents (me) are checking EVERYTHING the interns say and do. So feel safe, just keep one eye open when some scared kid that looks twelve and was born around 1981 comes into your room, ask him if he's 100% sure about what he's about to do and then ask him if he asked his upper level (again, me).

I think I've said this is this blog, but my sister is pregnant with #2, so in January, Beth and I will be an Aunt and Uncle x2. We're REALLY excited!

Ciao

No comments: