Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I CAN BREATHE!!!

So I went back to the ENT's office today and he unpacked my nose! I CAN BREATHE!!! AND I can taste food again! I can TOTALLY tell a difference in my breathing pre-sugery and now post-removal of packing. The true test will be to see if the snoring is any better. How can it not be, right?

I am on call tonight and MD Anderson. I am covering any patient with a solid tumor. They don't even tell us how many patients that is because I'm sure it would scare us silly. Basically, I am here to give medicines to sleep, pee, poop, and pronounce anyone who might die overnight.

Beth and I plan on driving to Palastine, TX in the morning when I get off to see my dad. Kristina and Eric and Tori will also be there. It will be a quick trip as Kristina and fam have to drive home and Dad has to go to work. But any visit is a good one.

Thanks for all the support and making-fun-of-me in my hour of distress (Becky) during the past week. There is chocolate cake leftover from Beth's birthday and homemade cookies from Chelsie that I plan on making out with tomorrow when we get home. Why? Because I can, AND I can taste them!

Peace and Love,

J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you too--no more dripping.

Chelsie Sargent said...

Glad the taste is back:)!