Friday, June 29, 2007

Beth-a-pa-loo-za

So tomorrow is the day. The day that the love of my life leaves her 20s and joins me as a thirty-something. It's a bit surreal. I remember thinking that I'd never be 30. That there was no way that I could reach that age. Well, I have...and it's not so bad.

I do feel somewhat bad for Beth. This surgery of mine has put a bit of a damper on the normal week(month)-long Beth-a-pa-loo-za Celebration. Even though I can't taste food and have basically lived in my recliner for the past 5 days, I do still have a trick or 2 up my sleeve.

I would tell you here, but so far Beth hasn't managed to figure them out. WHICH IS AMAZING!!!! because the woman can smell a surprise for DAYS!!!

There will be some celebration tomorrow, but also, we are going to save some for once I am unpacked (my nose people, pay attention...or at least read that last 2 posts) so that I can enjoy the taste of a nice steak or a bottle of Spanish wine.

Now to the toast:

To the most amazing woman I have ever had the joy/pleasure of knowing and loving:

Welcome to 30. It's an amazing year and the beginning of the rest of your life. The past 29 have taught you many lessons that most of us spent a lifetime learning. You have handled them as well as anyone could expect. With grace and dignity. The thing that amazes me the most is that regardless of what life throws at you, you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going.

You are one of the funniest people I know. You are always making me laugh. And you laugh at me, I mean, at my jokes, even when they're not funny or when you've heard them 1 million times.

So this guys walks into the Psychiatrist office wearing
nothing but saran wrap for underwear...

You are fiercely loyal to those you call friends. You would give your right arm, without hesitation, to any in need.

You are talented beyond belief. Your knowledge of pop culture, alone, stops me in my tracks. You love music and art and poetry and the theater. Our kids will be blessed to have you for a mom. I'm quite sure you'll be the cool mom and I'll be the dork dad. I've been a dork a long time. It's a role I'm very comfortable in.

Your scrapbooks are unique and your talent flows all over their pages.

And your faith...you intimately know the God you believe in and serve. Your faith is your own and not some superficial feel-good. Your parents (all 3 of them) are to be commended. You are a faith giant and a prayer warrior.

Thank you for loving me and allowing me to share in this journey with you. It's been one heck of a ride over the last 8 years. I treasure each moment that I've had with you and smile with anticipation of those moments yet to come.

You give me reason to wake up in the morning and to come home at night. Your blue eyes mesmerize me and and pierce me to the core.

May you have the desires of your heart.

143.

Crash by Dave Matthews
You've got your ball,
You've got your chain
Tied to me tight, tie me up again.
Who's got their claws
In you my friend?
Into your heart I'll beat again
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock,
And sweet you roll
Lost for you, I'm so lost for you

Oh, and you come crash into me
And I come into you
And I come into you
In a boy's dream
In a boy's dream

Touch your lips just so I know
In your eyes, love, it glows so
I'm bare-boned and crazy... for you.

Oh, and you come crash into me
Baby, and I come into you
In a boy's dream
In a boy's dream

And if I've gone overboard
Then I'm begging you
To forgive me
In my haste
When I'm holding you so girl,
Close to me

Oh and you come crash into me, yeah
Baby, and I come into you
Hike up your skirt a little more
And show the world to me
Hike up your skirt a little more
And show your world to me
In a boy's dream
In a boy's dream

Oh, I watch you there
Through the window
And I stare at you
You wear nothing, but you
Wear it so well
Tied up and twisted,
The way I'd like to be
For you, for me, come crash into me, baby
Come crash into me, yeah

Crash into me...
Crash into me...
Crash into me...

You know, I'm the king of the castle,
You're the dirty rascal, crash into me.
Please crash into me, baby...

Oh, no no no...
Yes, I see the waves
Come and crash into me.
See the waves come and crash into me.
Crash into me.

No comments: