Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Post-Op Day 1

Let me begin by saying "OUCH!!"

When I awoke from the Anesthesia yesterday, I decided that I had changed my mind and didn't want the surgery after all. And then the nurse introduced me to Fentanyl. YEAH!!!

According to Beth, since I don't remember much immediately after the surgery, the bone spur was a alot bigger that Dr. Smith first thought. I don't know if that contributed to all the bleeding, but I bled so much that he decided to pack my nose, which he said he doesn't like to do. I now have 2 strings coming from both nostrils taped to my nose. I get to go to work looking like this! Even more YEAH!!

Beth still thinks that there's no way I will feel like taking call on Thursday, but we'll see. I already feel 10000000% better. I will spend the day in my recliner resting and getting better.

Oh and by the way: It's Beth-a-pa-looza! She turns 30 on Saturday.

Maybe I will aim for a post a day since I have a few days off to recover.

Maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a mostly good patient. I'm so glad it all went smoothly. I love you!